Hi, welcome to my blog!
Today I have another birthday card to share with you! Although I have used paper cuts from an autumn collection, white, orange, green and brown colors remind me of spring and I love to call this card spring happy birthday card! This card was inspired by the amazing Kristina Werner. Kristina is a professional graphic designer and papercrafter and I really love her work! You can find her original card here.
Making this card was quite a challenge to myself, as I had to try many alternative techniques, some totally new to me. The first alternative technique was making the embossed background not with an embossing folder but with a stencil. For this one, I used my Big Shot machine by placing one cutting pad, a sheet of felt, my cardboard, the stencil and on the top the second cutting pad. I love the embossing result!
(click on the photos to enlarge)
For the fox and the fawn, I stamped them on watercolor paper and colored them using distress inks and a water brush and watercolor markers. This was my second try for watercoloring stamped images (you can find my first attemp here) and I have to admit that I'm not quite satisfied yet. But we all need to try, right?! After coloring the images, I hand-cutted them and colored the white edges.
I made the sentiment by stamping with brown archival ink on velum and embossing it with clear embossing powder. Archival ink isn't the best choice for stamping on velum but as I didn't have a brown StazOn ink or a brown embossing powder, I had to use it and it hold quite well on the velum.
For the shaker window, I have used two sizes of scallop circle dies to cut the paper border. In order to achive depth for the window, I have also die cutted with the dies a piece of foam sheet and glued it under the paper border.
For the content of the shaker window, except from the ordinary sequins, I love using other small things that I can fit inside, like wood veneer embellishments, small paper die cuts, and beads.
With this card I participate in the challenge "Anything Goes" of the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!
That was my card for today, I hope you liked it! I would be happy to get your comments or any questions. Thank you for visiting!
- Sizzix Big Shot machine
- Sizzix Circles, Scallop 8 dies
- Memory Box Scraped Paint Stencil
- Bo Bunny 6x6 paper pad Autumn Song Collection
- Lawn Fawn Clear Stamps Into the Woods
- Ranger Distress Ink spun sugar, tea die, walnut stain
- Tombo ABT markers 899, 977
- Ranger Archival Ink Potting Soil
- Zing! Embossing Powder Clear
- Hero Arts "Find Joy" Clear Stamp Set
- Simon Says Stamp White Cardstock
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock
- Doodlebug Design doodle twine take note
- Studio Calico Wood Veneer Shapes Tiny Stars
- Martha Stewart Flower Shower Punch Around the Page Set
- Moon Shaped and Circular Sequins