Sunday 3 May 2015

Art Journal Page - Childish Dreams!

Hi! Welcome to my blog!

Today I have a new art journal page to show you. This page was inspired by Tamara Laport and her new awesome art work which can be found here
I have to admit that before meeting Tamara's art and watching some of her videos, my girl-painting skills were reeeeeaaaalllyyy poor! That made me sad as I loved seeing other peoples girl-painting but I couldn't make one myself (at least not one that I would like!). After studying Tam's videos and techniques on sketching, painting and shadowing a girl's face, I started feeling more confident about it and this journal page is my second try on it! And I have to say that, although I still find points that are not "correct" and that need more "work", I really like the outcome! Also, I can see the progress between my previous projects (see here and here) and this one, and this fact makes me hope for even better results in the future! I hope you will like it too!


(click on the photos to enlarge)

Here is a closer look on the girl...


 



and to the right page! I so LOVE this quote!
                

To make this journal page, I initially drew the girl's face with graphite pencil. Then, I colored the background using some stencils to give some pattern to it. I cutted some scap papers with different colors and patterns into small pieces and adhered them to different areas of the page. Then, I used some watered gesso and a brayer to tone down the background. After that, I painted the girl, I sketched and colored the flowers and I wrote the quote with black pen. Finally, I embellished my page using a stars stencil and the butterfly stamp, which I doodled with a black and a white pen.

In this photo you can see the different patterned papers and the small flower drawn on the girl's neck. 


And here is the cute butterfly stamp! You can see all the texture from the paper pieces and the gesso layer, and the background coloring through the stencil.


Well, that was my page for today, I hope you like it! I would be happy to get your comments!

With this art journal page I participate into two great challenges! The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "Anything Goes" and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge "Anything Goes"! I love them both and I'm so happy that this week I have two chances to win their great gift! Keep fingers crossed!


PRODUCTS LIST:
  • Prima Finnabair Stencil "Stars"
  • Tim Holtz Stencil "Clockwork"
  • Inkadinkado clear stamps "Fancy That"
  • Lefranc & Bourgeois Gesso
  • Dylusions Ink Spray "London Blue"
  • Neocolor II watersoluble crayons
  • Winsor & Newton Galeria Acrylics (Permanent Magenta, Pale Olive, Cerulean Blue Hue, Pale Terracotta)
  • Faber-Castell Broadpen 1554 black pen
  • Sharpie white pen
  • Brayer






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful work!!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

Anna-Karin said...

This is beautiful and your drawing is amazing. Love the colours and I really love that quote. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!