Hi! Welcome to my blog!
Today I have a new card to show you and this one is of romantic style! My mom loves romantic and shabby chic style and this one is for her! If you would like to make a similar card, the how-to-steps for making it are the following:
1) Use a watercolor cardstock, stencil with white modelling paste your favorite background pattern and let it dry.
2) Apply with a brush two or three matching watercolors on the background, spray it with water and let dry. You can repeat this step until you are satisfied with the background coloring. Make a border to the background with a watercolor too.
(click on the photos to enlarge)
3) Make your focal point like a heart, a butterfly, a flower etc. using patterned paper of matching colors, attach it on your background using foam tape, make a sentiment banner and place it on it too. You can embellish it more if you feel like it by coloring it and using some gems.
4) Use some of the background colors to color a ribbon and tie it into a bow. Use some embellishments like twine and brands and attach it on your card.
5) Glue your card panel on a cardstock and you're finished! Here is the resulting card again! I hope you like it!
Thank you for visiting, I'll be happy to get your comments!
- Simon Says Stamp White Cardstock
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock
- Galeria Modelling Paste
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink - old paper / worn lipstick / scattered straw
- Tim Holtz idea-ology - Crinkle Ribbon
- The Crafters Workshop 6x6 Stencil - Mini Peacock Feathers
- My Mind's Eye 6x6 paper pad - Lost & Found
- Elle's Studio Sentiment Tags
- Ranger liquid pearls - Flamingo